The Execellence of Execution



Since the last update one of my childhood heroes returned to wacky world of wrestling.
Bret "the Hitman" Hart, shockingly returned to the WWE (it'll always be the WWF to me) in an angle with Vince McMahon that people never thought would ever happen.

Bret is/was one of my very favorite wrestlers of all time. Nobody has been better since.
I remember seeing him at Wrestlemania 6 at the Skydome when I was 6, a WWF show at Maple Leaf Gardens and for WCW Nitro and Mayhem (winning the world title against Chris Benoit) in Toronto. I got to meet Bret many years ago and gave him a drawing I did of the Hart Foundation. He thanked me and had a laugh about it. It was intimidating because I knew he drew himself, and especially at the time, I was young and self conscious of my artistic abilities.

I decided to redo that drawing after seeing Bret return, and took pride in bringing "the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be" and his fellow Foundation members (his brother Owen Hart, The British Bull Dog and Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart) to my sketchpad!

Happy Sharpshooting!

Comments

Chris G. said…
Very cool, Danny. Bret Hart was one of my favourites as well,... along with Ricky Steamboat. Wrestling wasn't the same with him gone.